Private Equity 101
I worked closely with the Website and Content teams to implement an education initiative for Moonfare's website.
Private equity 101 (or PE 101) is an educational content initiative aiming to provide an overview of private equity and its main characteristics. The aim of the project was:
At the user level
Educate and provide the essential tools/content so our prospects can make informed decisions regarding their investments.
At the business level
Provide both Partnerships (B2B) and Sales (B2C) teams with support material to aid in their relationship-building calls/presentations;
Content could be helpful in top of funnel/brand awareness initiatives;
Better SEO ranking (content would be free and public)
Main stakeholders: Head of content marketing, SEO lead
Me as Design lead
Product Manager - Martech team
UI designer (freelancer)
When I joined the company, PE 101 content was already being developed by the Content Marketing team. We mainly did desk research with some competitor analysis and defined what would be the best ways to translate the material to reading material for the web.
It was unclear how much creating original and educational content about private equity would serve the company's goals. The goal was to experiment by releasing the content we produced internally and measuring engagement.
After measuring the impact in conversions from this content, the overall plan was to double down on the learning experience by providing better navigation between chapters, tracking progress, and making the content more accessible to consume through short videos (Masterclass style).
We inverted the typical approach to building this experiment. Instead of scoping and estimating a time to deliver, we boxed ourselves into a specific time, and the goal was to scope the deliverables accordingly.
This approach, plus we used Webflow for development, allowed us to deliver the entire project in 2 weeks, which was really helpful to start getting data as soon as possible.
Placing PE 101 alongside other content Moonfare offers
Our approach was "quick and dirty," so we could quickly learn. We managed to finalize the whole project in under 2 weeks. Results showed that the conversion rate for users who had been through PE 101 performed 140% better.
Conversion (to signed up user) rate comparison
As a follow-up experiment, we're now running a carousel section on the home page to offer quick shortcuts to PE101 articles that converted well. The goal is to make sure there's a correlation.
Quick experiments for the win
In a context where traffic was big enough, and we had good content to play with, creating a quick experiment allowed us to learn which specific content served our users better. In return, we also learned what drove more conversions.
Content is king/queen
Having good, relevant content allowed us to focus on enhancing the experience. I don't believe we'd have as much traction if the content was poorly written or irrelevant to our audiences